13 Tips for the Lunar Eclipse
LUNAR ECLIPSE [20 Cancer 00] - January 10 2020 (19:21 GMT)
Here are 13 tips to guide you during this week's powerful Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse taking place on Friday 10, January:
1. Eclipses take place two times a year in pairs. We are now in a Cancer/Capricorn eclipse cycle which began in July 2018 and completes in July 2020.
Full Moons or Lunar Eclipses are often about completion or achievement. This Lunar Eclipse may represent the end of a chapter or project which began in July 2018, when the Solar Eclipse fell at the same degree 20 Cancer.
2. Eclipses are most important in your chart when they fall within 1-2 degrees of key planets/angles. This time around that's 20-24 Cancer or Capricorn because of other powerful astrology taking place. Also, 20-24 Aries/Libra, a square or clashing aspect. And, 20-24 Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Pisces, an easier, more supportive trine or sextile aspect.
3. A Lunar Eclipse is often about relationships, a triangle situation as the Sun, Moon and Earth compete for attention. Sometimes, one person wins and another person loses. The aim is to be on the winning team. Who stays, who goes?
4. The Cancer/Capricorn axis is about home/family/foundations (Cancer) v. work/status/the establishment (Capricorn). You may be feeling the pressure of juggling your working life with your home life/family life. You may be acutely aware of the passing of time, your mortality, of endings and beginnings. The ties of ancestry and legacy can be clearly seen. Your personal identity may have become lost if you're too tied up with work or family.
5. Eclipses are often feared because they bring what's hidden to light, they represent the unknown. They often coincide with external events in your life, where you have to let go of control. Once you know this, you can be more in flow.
6. Eclipses are often concurrent with turning points. This is why they are considered game-changers as they move the goalposts of life. Fundamentally, eclipses are neither positive nor negative. It's how you perceive and respond to what happens in your own life and out in the world that's important.
7. Sometimes, eclipses act as a catalyst for change but you don't recognise this until later on. Their effect can last a few months after the exact date of the eclipse, even up until the next set of eclipses, which will occur in June/July 2020, the end of this particular eclipse cycle. This eclipse is also closely linked to the New Moon/Solar Eclipse on December 26, 2019. New beginnings at the end of last year may precipitate change or endings early this year.
8. Eclipses don't bring change for everyone. This set of eclipses in particular is about a shift in power; the younger generation (Cancer) v. the older generation (Capricorn); women (Cancer - Moon-ruled) v. men (Capricorn - Saturn-ruled).
9. Traditionally, it's wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action or making a big decision. This time around, you're wise to wait until the middle of next week to see how the combination of the Lunar Eclipse and the Saturn-Pluto conjunction play out in your life. This is powerful astrology.
10. During an eclipse, the karmic nodes, points of destiny in astrology, are pulled into the cosmic dance of the Sun, Moon & Earth. A shadow is thrown as the Sun/Moon/Earth are in close alignment. This is why eclipse symbolism is said to be 'shadowy'. Once the shadow clears, it brings what's hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
11. This eclipse pulls in two planets linked to endings and transformation, Saturn and Pluto. These two planets meet at 22 Capricorn 46 on January 12, 2020. This means that this eclipse is a powerful symbol of an ending, a door closing. Where in your life do you have to sweep out the old in order to allow fresh energy to come in? (Read the Saturn-Pluto articles below to get a better sense of this in your own life).
12. The Sun sits next to Mercury, the planet of communication on the day of the Lunar Eclipse. Therefore, this eclipse is also about speaking up or staying quiet. Choose your words carefully during this weekend as words have power. Don't issue threats or use bravado, unless you're prepared for the consequences. Sometimes, the most important conversation you can have is with yourself, especially if fear or doubt have taken hold.
13. During this eclipse, there is a major stellium in Capricorn, including the Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Pluto and Ceres, the dwarf planet linked to the earth, sustainability, nurture and nourishment.
We often think of Capricorn as the star sign linked to work and ambition. This is true because of the symbol of the mountain goat, doggedly climbing upwards. Capricorns work best when they have a long-term goal to work towards.
Yet, Capricorn's zodiac symbol is the sea-goat. Capricorn is an earth sign but the fish's tail lies below the surface in water, the realm of emotions. This is why Capricorn is considered to be the shaman with a strong link to emotional and instinctual depths. Spirit and matter united.
Therefore, take time during the eclipse period to be quiet and still. Go and sit on top of the mountain, enjoy the views, turn inwards and meditate. It's a powerful time to do so when you can tap in to your inner voice and hear more closely what life's telling you or where it's calling you forth.
And, once the eclipse has faded and the Saturn-Pluto conjunction has passed, then take action and get ready to do what's necessary to move your own life forwards and help defend our earth, our world. We are at a pivotal point in history.
Key Areas To Note
Here's a reminder of the areas of your life where you may experience the theme of endings and beginnings. Or, you're being called towards change & transformation:
Capricorn & Cancer: 1st/7th houses - RELATIONSHIPS/CONTRACTS - your image & appearance, personal goals; love & relationships, significant others, agreements & conflicts
Aquarius & Leo: 12th/6th houses - WORK/SERVICE - retreat, quiet, solitude, a spiritual path; your health & work, what you sacrifice for others, being of service
Pisces & Virgo: 11th/5th houses - SOCIAL GROUPS/SELF-EXPRESSION - your friends, groups & social issues; your children, creativity, love affairs, what you 'give birth to'.
Aries & Libra: 10th/4th houses - FOUNDATIONS/FUTURE PATH - your career & vocation, your status & reputation, where you're heading in life; your home & family, your past & roots, where you come from.
Taurus & Scorpio: 3rd/9th houses - LEARNING/BELIEFS - your education, neighbours & siblings, how you communicate; the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, religion, what gives your life meaning.
Gemini & Sagittarius: 2nd/8th houses - MONEY/SELF-WORTH - money, possessions, where your values lie; your joint finances, your sexuality, all things hidden, the unconscious.
The Saturn-Pluto Conjunction: Endings & Extremes
Saturn-Pluto Conjunction Through The Star Signs
A Close Look At the Cancer-Capricorn Eclipse Cycle